Abstract submissions are now open for the 2018 ASOHNS ASM.
To submit an abstract for consideration please click here.
Abstracts submission deadline: Monday 20 November 2017
Abstract notification to authors: Wednesday 6 December 2017
1. Authors of research papers who wish to have their abstracts considered for inclusion must submit their abstract electronically via the meeting website having regard to the published closing date. Abstracts submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
2. The title should be brief and explicit.
3. Research papers should follow the format – Aim, Methodology, Results and Conclusion.
4. Excluding title, authors (full given first name and family name) and institution, the abstract must not exceed 2,000 characters and spaces (approximately 300 words). In MS Word, this count can be determined from the ‘Tools menu’. Any references must be included in this allowance. If you exceed this limit, the excess text will NOT appear in the abstract book.
5. Include details of main institution only.
6. Abbreviations should be used only in common terms. For uncommon terms, the abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word.
7. Presentations (slide and video) will only have electronic PowerPoint support. Audio visual instructions will be provided to all successful authors.
8. A 50 word CV is required from each presenting author to facilitate the Chair’s introduction. Excess text will not be captured by the system.
9. The acceptance, timing, presentation and discussion of all papers and posters is at the discretion of the Organising Committee. Notification of the timing of presentations will appear in correspondence sent to all successful authors.
10. Tables, diagrams, graphs, etc. CANNOT be accepted in the abstract submission. This is due to the limitations of the computer software program.
11. Please do not type in your abstract onto the submission page. Being internet based, each page on the submission site can only be open for 15
minutes before closing. Type your submission in a text document (eg. MS Word) and copy and paste it into the abstract text field.
12. AUTHORS MUST BE REGISTRANTS AT THE MEETING TO PRESENT AND FOR THEIR ABSTRACT TO APPEAR IN THE PUBLICATIONS.
13. Authors are required to declare conflict of interest if applicable. Failure or refusal to disclose or the inability to resolve the identified conflict will result in the abstract acceptance being withdrawn.
14. Amendments to abstracts after submission is not guaranteed.
15. The submitting author of an abstract will ALWAYS receive an email confirmation of receipt of the abstract into the submission site. If you do not receive a confirmation email with 24 hours it may mean the abstract has not been received. In this circumstance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine why a confirmation email has not been received.
If there are any difficulties regarding this process please contact the meeting organisers on:
T: +61 3 9276 7406