Instructions for Presenters
KOJO will be managing audio-visual and speaker support services for the 2019 ASOHNS Annual Scientific Meeting.
Scientific ePosters will be displayed electronically on poster stations located in the industry exhibition during the meeting.
- To download the ePoster Style Guide click here.
- To download the ePoster Template click here.
- Finalised ePosters can be sent to KOJO prior to the ASM via Dropbox by Friday 8 March 2019.
Please note: You must be registered to attend the ASM to have your ePoster displayed.
If you have any queries please contact +61 3 9276 7406 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Default screen format is 16:9 (4:3 presentations will not be compromised)
- Finalised presentations can be sent to KOJO before the ASM via dropbox by Friday 8 March 2019.
- You must be registered to attend the ASM to present your paper
- Please see speaker support on-site before presenting
To download the Presentation Template click here.
Our goal is to ensure that every speaker is presented in the most professional way and the following guidelines apply with that in mind:
• It is essential that all speakers check-in at the Speaker Support Room, located in Meeting Room P6, at your earliest convenience and in any case no less than two sessions prior to your presentation. If presenting in a morning session prior to morning tea, we ask that you check in the day before. This is to ensure that the correct version of your presentation is transferred to the session room in good time, and to check that any embedded media such as video or audio files are working correctly on the Meeting systems.
• Last minute submissions hamper the speaker support operation, impacting negatively on your fellow presenters and increasing the potential for technical problems.
• Only presentations in PowerPoint are supported by default. Any variation to this format must be advised. Please contact: email@example.com
• If your presentation has been authored in Apple Keynote we encourage you to use the program’s export feature to convert it to PowerPoint. If you have concerns about this process please contact us prior to your arrival on site.
• If your presentation has been authored in Prezi format you should use the program’s download feature to create a portable file that can be submitted to us in advance. If you are unfamiliar with this process please contact us well in advance.
• The default aspect ratio for slides is 16:9 (wide screen) rather than 4:3. This is to reflect that fact that the new standard template in the latest PowerPoint 2013 is 16:9 (wide screen) – which in turn is in line with the format of most screens (TVs, tablets, etc.). However please note that the older 4:3 (non wide-screen) format will be supported and your presentation will not be compromised in size or resolution if you chose to stay with this format.
• Finalised presentations can be submitted before the ASM via dropbox.
• Please ensure that any media files (embedded movies and/or audio clips) are included when uploading your presentation.
• PC or Mac generated PowerPoint formats are accepted.
• If you require assistance converting your presentation from print, photos, video etc. please contact KOJO no later than Friday 8 March 2019.
• To mitigate the foibles of multiple laptops being plugged and unplugged, with associated interruptions and a greater margin for technical error, the use of your own laptop is not supported by the systems in place. All presentations should be checked in at speaker support well in advance of your presentation so that the smooth running of videos or other media can be confirmed as working ok on the computers provided in the session room.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING DISCLOSURE OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST
• Society policy requires disclosure of all financial relationships between a speaker and the commercial supporter (if applicable) or with the manufacturer of any product or class of products they plan to discuss. This policy is designed to provide the audience with an opportunity to review any affiliations between a speaker and supporting organisations for the purpose of determining the potential presence of bias or influence over content.
• This policy is not intended to prevent a speaker with such an affiliation or relationship from participating.
• Disclosure should be made using a slide at the beginning of your presentation.
• Examples of relationships which should be disclosed include but are not limited to:
o any direct financial interest in a company whose interests are in the area(s) covered by the educational material
o investments held by the speaker in a relevant company
o membership on a relevant company’s advisory board or similar committee
o current or recent participation in a clinical trial sponsored by a relevant company
o assisting in the design of clinical studies concerning the use of products manufactured by a relevant company.
o participating in clinical studies using products produced by a relevant company.
o research by the speaker sponsored by a relevant company
o paid speaker by a relevant company.
o the speaker holds a patent for a product referred to in the presentation or marketed by a relevant company
• To ensure that audiences receive complete information, speakers who have no involvement with industry should inform the audience that they have nothing to disclose, i.e., cannot identify any potential conflict of interest.
If you have any queries or concerns about your presentation please contact KOJO’s speaker support co-ordinator on +61 3 9815 7700 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org